Sunday, January 15, 2006
WISDOM IS THERE TO BE SHARED
Whenever I get a fun or otherwise interesting email, I like to share it on my blog, especially now that I can’t seem to find the time and energy to put together a decent post.I hope you enjoy these titbits of wisdom..
A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked,
"How heavy is this glass of water?"
Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.
The lecturer replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.
It depends on how long you try to hold it.
If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance.
In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
"And that's the way it is with stress management.
If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later,
as the burden becomes increasingly heavy,
we won't be able to carry on. "
"As with the glass of water,
you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again.
When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden."
"So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down.
Don't carry it home.
You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you're carrying now,
let them down for a moment if you can."
So, my friend, why not take a while to just simply RELAX.
Put down anything that may be a burden to you right now.
Don't pick it up again until after you've rested a while.
Life is short.
Here are some great ways of dealing with the burdens of life:
* Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
* Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
* Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
* It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
* Never buy a car you can't push.
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
* Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
* Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
* The second mouse gets the cheese.
* When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
* Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
* You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
* We could learn a lot from crayons...
Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today....
Rebecca- I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Mata-To be honest, I didn’t get that one and wanted to erase it from the list, but I thought to myself that perhaps one of the readers would , so I decided to leave it. Keep reading the books you like!
Moochy-thanks for stopping by
Frumgirl-keeping up with your posting regularity is tough, but a new one is coming soon, very soon!
Stacey-so glad you enjoyed it
Parsha-Thanks for the welcome and for stopping by.
or if you like spicy.....
>It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
[pulls face] Now you're speaking to my deepest fears....
Here Stands Masmida... please bear this image in mind in all your future endevours.
soon I will be writing a post about you with all my theories about who you really are
Slik chick-It’s food for thought as they say. Thanks for stopping by.
Elisheva-Hi, I understand you’re busy, thanks for taking the time to say hi.
Masmida-(laughs) It’s great to give these words a humorous spin. You should comment more often(assuming you have the time)$
Misshona-You said it, not me :)
Lucy –Even if you won’t sometimes. That’s why it’s important to share burdens.
Datingmaster-Hmm, that sounds interesting; I just hope you won’t give me a bad name.
Somebody28- you’re welcome, I’ll try to post some more like that.
i feel like i need to print it out big and stick on my wall to remind me that really, things aren't so bad after all!
Links to this post: